Sunday, May 6, 2007

Second Life?

Hello All,
Sorry for the long break in blogs, but I am back and better than ever. In reading the article that included talk about Second Life I was fascinated by a couple of things. Number one, it is amazing how much traction this website already has. They already have five million registered users, half of which are women, which is pretty incredible. Number two, when I got to thinking about Second Life, I was dumbfounded as to how this many people can get into this Internet life. We should all be concentrating on our first lives before we can just give up and live on the computer. It is great what technology has done for many of the things life but I feel the problem is before long none of us will actually be living our lives, we will have computers to live it for us. That's my rant!


Stay tuned.... stiuqxela

2 comments:

lkarig loves stiuqxela said...

hey ben,
i really appreciated this post. i feel as if technology has completely taken over our lives. not only that but so many people are willing to become subservient to computers. yes they're awesome and all with the greatness that they provide us, but what about what they are taking away from us?

Ben Gruber said...

I m glad you agree with this. The irony is that I am making this comment while I am spending hours on my own computer. Guess it is slightly hypocritical. Oh well.