Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Social Networking is definitly the future

After reading the blog Facebook's Astounding Stats by Shel Holtz, I found that my previous thoughts on social networking have been absolutely correct. I worked for a start-up social networking company this summer called Metrowize which is based out of San Francisco and involves the nightlife there. At this internship, I learned the marketing and advertising power that web sites where users must sign in have. The data these sites collect allow them to put together a media kit that offers perspective advertisers targeted ads that only are viewed by people who they want to see them. This is great two fold because then users do not receive ads that are not relevant and advertisers are not wasting money on ads that do not reach their target market. Anyways this article brings to light the growth that these sites are experiencing (which you can see at facebook's blog) which leads me to my next revelation, which is that I either need to figure out a new niche social networking site or come up with a good company that can utilize the effectiveness of this kind of advertising.

Until next time....Stay tuned for more helpful insight that will make your head swell!

No comments: