Sunday, March 18, 2007

Ben Gruber Blog: Devaluation of Online Advertising

Hello All,
In the blog "Devaluation of Online Advertising" written by Dorian Sweet, he address the issue of why is online advertising so hot and what will keep it going. I thought this article was extremely interesting because these are two of the questions that I constantly think about when it comes to online advertising. I think that, it is the fad now, but will it continue or phase out? In the blog Dorian Sweet answers this question by claiming that media consumption is no longer an option for people. He claims that is a necessity and that we need it, like an addiction. I do agree with this opinion and see the evidence of this in my every day life when my roommates come directly in door and straight to their computer to get their fix.

I also thought it was interesting when he talks about what marketers have to do to continue the effectiveness of online advertising. Dorian Sweet mentions 4 main points to consider when advertising online. They are to keep a close eye on what your customer is doing online, make sure to track your ads, to trust and use the information you get from tracking the ads, and to remain creative. Although I believe that these are all extremely important things to do when advertising online, I feel that being creative will be the key to the success of ads in the future. Once people have seen all the ads and are saturated with them, creativity will once again rain supreme when it comes to success.

For more insights and interesting thoughts make sure to check out my blog daily!

3 comments:

dorian said...

The Clickz article is called "the devolution of online advertising"

dorian said...

thanks for the mention!

Ben Gruber said...

no problem and thanks for the catch.